Information for those new to yoga...
Welcome to your first yoga class! We all were new students
once, and here are some things that we think will be helpful for you to
- Try a class with a teacher that sounds good and fun to you,
and fits into your schedule.
- Please arrive fifteen minutes early, and let the teacher know
it is your first class.
- Please read and sign all paperwork.
- Please tell us about any injuries you have.
- Refrain from eating heavily before class. Some teachers
advise to have two hours since the last meal…for some of us this isn’t
feasible…listen to your body.
- Please remove your shoes before entering the studio. We have
spaces up front for you to place any personal belongings.
- Please wear comfortable clothes that allow you to move well
without revealing more sensitive areas as you twist and turn.
- Please be mindful of your hygiene for the comfort of others.
- Please refrain from the overuse of cologne or perfume.
- Bring water or a water bottle. We have a refrigerated water
fountain if you want to bring a bottle.
- You may wish to bring a small towel with you. In some of our
classes you will sweat!
- Please turn cell phones OFF in
the studio. Because of our studio layout, and to be considerate of
others…this means even your pocket or purse. This is your personal time
where you focus on yourself, and should not be interrupted.
- Rest whenever you want. Do the best you can, and let go. You
won’t be able to do everything…yoga is more about the breath, the
experience, and the process than the destination.
- If you must leave early, please inform your teacher before class.
Please leave before savasana. Before you leave, stop a few
minutes early to take your own savasana. Then quietly exit the building.
Be courteous of others, and allow them to enjoy a quiet moment.
- Please smile and say hello. We look forward to getting to
know you. This is supposed to be fun, and we want to see you often!